Github History Vandalism
I tested it, and it works as described.
Both works good as described. However, both missed the automation of the creation of github repository and its deletion for recreation.
Hence, I have come up with a simple solution.
Automation using github dev API, and bash.
- jq - http://stedolan.github.io/jq/download/
How it works
- You provide your github username (the one from the url, and not your email address) once.
- You provide your github password once.
- You provide the repository to create or recreate, once.
- The bash script will do the rest of the job for you.
How to test it
- You clone the ghvandalism repository on your local.
You run the bash script with 1 argument, e.g.,
bash install.sh TEST
- It will ask you for your github username, password, and repository to create/recreate, once.
- Wait until it is finished.
Other things that you should know
- Providing your github user and pswd is safe. It is recorded on your local, and is .gitignore’d and therefore it can neither be committed nor pushed.
- It is still using pikesley’s pokrovsky’s web service (see above for links).
- The script is provided
as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
Please let me know what you think of the script - if you are able to ran it successfully or not.